Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I used to have acne pretty bad, but after a while of taking medication, they went away. Then came cysts.?

I%26#039;m not sure if I spelt cysts right. But ya, after a while of medications, all my acne was gone. So I became hard into drinking, and then came cysts. When I was little I had a cyst on my face once, and I havnt seen it since then. But then about 2 years ago, the cysts started coming again. And they are like all over my body. So my dermatologist gave me accutane. And it worked pretty good for the cysts on my head, face, and back. But ones I have on my chest, buttocks, and down there have a hard time going away. It seems that whenever I drink they just get stronger. Is it my drinking causing the problem?|||You might try changing what you put into your body, but I would also suggest going to see a doctor regarding the recurrence of these lesions. The reason I say this that I suffered from what I thought was %26quot;adult acne%26quot; for most of my adult life. I went to the dermatologist and was prescribed antibiotics (tetracycline) and accutane for the %26quot;acne.%26quot; Antibiotics did nothing for me, and the accutane cleared up the facial issues. However, it did nothing to address the recurrences that were appearing in other areas of my body.





I would get boil-like (or cyst-like) lesions on the buttocks, breasts, groin, inner thighs, and underarms. These lesions are painful and leave scars when they heal. However, NONE of the doctors I saw prior to 2004 could tell me what was going on with my body. Finally, in the latter part of 2004, I was diagnosed with a skin condition called Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS). Unfortunately, there are not many doctors who are familiar with this condition; however, if you will check out the links below, you might be able to find a doctor who can tell if you have HS or not.





I wish you luck and, if you need more information, please do not hesitate to let me know ...|||My skin problems are similar to yours. I didn%26#039;t have acne untilI was around 23. I had some when I was 18 but not bad. However, when I was 23, I got cystic acne. I%26#039;d get these huge cysts on my face that would fill up with yucky stuff-like a really nasty pimple-and it would hurt. Anyway, I took the accutane and it went away. Now that I look back, when I was 18 I smoked a lot and drank a lot. I quit when I was pregnant and for three years after I had my daughter and my face was fine. However, when I was 23 I started smoking and drinking again and I got cystic acne which I had to get medicine for to clear up. I am oldernow anddon;t smoke and drink only every now and then. I would recommend staying away from the alcohol and smoking if you do smoke and see if it clears up (you may need to take some medicine for a while as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment