Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I've been taking acidophilus for about a month now for my stomach problems. Can this make acne worse?

I read up on it a little bit and it said it is supposed to help acne. I%26#039;m 27 and frankly, my forehead hasn%26#039;t looked this bad since I was 16. I was wondering if this is something that will continue - or if it just getting rid of the impurities under my skin - so pimples are coming to the surface. I don%26#039;t want to stop taking it - as my stomach problems have been completely cured!|||I concur that it%26#039;s very unlikely the acidophilus would cause a breakout. I%26#039;ve tried several probiotics, and none of them caused any sort of thing like that. Probiotics work in your intestinal tract and never get close enough to anything to affect your forehead%26#039;s tissue (like through the blood stream, for example).





An allergic reaction COULD cause you to break out or have a rash (among other possibilities). Another possibility is that you might have eaten something that gave you the reaction as well... it%26#039;s hard to say for sure when so many things go into someone%26#039;s mouth in a day.|||I would agree that it us now of no help or even assisting the wrong bacteria to survive. You can reduce the germ level of the house by waiting for winter or using detergent and bleach on everything. Even try washing your face once a week with a little dish soap. If you have contagious eczema use sulfur powder on the pillow and the furniture. Some need to see a doctor as well.|||It isn%26#039;t likely that the acidophilus is the cause. If you were having an allergic reaction to it, it wouldn%26#039;t be acne, it would be in the form of a rash. I would rule that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment