Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have bad blemish/acne, nothing works!?

On the right side of my cheek I have bad blemish/acne. I have tried St.Ives Apricot Scrun Blemish%26amp;Blackhead control, Neutrogena, Clearasil and Clean%26amp;Clear! I live in Canada so we don%26#039;t have Proactive..I wash my face two times a day with dove sope but nothing works!|||i had the same problem as you. i would over wash my face with scrubs and face washes. i%26#039;ve tried everything even proactive and yes we do have proactive in canada, but it made my skin even worse!!.. the point is stop using scrubs and harsh products on your skin.. drink lots of water and leave your face alone, it will heal itself.. it worked for me and my skin is now clear.





if you have a pimple you could also try puttin ice on your face.|||i pity you. i too experience acne. i name mine when i get them. Fo example, i have Ramone, Frances and Hula at the moment. i find it makes them more distinguishable.|||My son had acne so bad that they wanted to put him on accutane. Instead we use oxy bar soap. After the wash he uses benzoyl peroxide lotion, then moisturizes with an oil free lotion like Clean and clear night lotion. It has glycolic acid in it to keep the pores clear. Every other day he uses a zinc sulfur mask like Helene Mint Julip Mask. And once a week you can use a glycolic peel. It keeps the pores clear of dead skin. His skin cleared up now! And no accutane was used. Mederma is good if you have any scars or discoloration. This regiment worked for him when none of the drugs worked. He has tried tetracycline, doxycycline, erythramicin, clindamycin.|||My best advice is see a dermatologist. They will be the best experts and can offer much more than a drug store. If they have you try products, introduce them slowly and sparingly.





My boyfriend had the same problem and used Proactive. He later found Kleer Action at Walgreens which is less harsh, has less additives and does the same job!





Dermalogica is my aesthetician-friend%26#039;s absolute favorite for over 9 years. Go to dermalogica.com and find a spa/store that does %26quot;Face Mapping.%26quot; It should be free and is much better than the online version.





Murad, Kinerase, Mario Badesco, MD, La Roushe-Posay and DDF I%26#039;ve heard are all great products. Most of which are too harsh for me.





Other things to keep in mind...


Drink lots of water, eat as healthy as you can and be very cognizant of what touches your face: phones, your hands and fingers, food, clothing, sheets, etc.





Find a good regiment with quality products and stick to it. Same with detergents and any other soaps, etc. that come in contact with your skin.





I try very hard not to touch my face. I make sure I wash and sanitize my hands frequently. I often use the back of my hands or fingers to avoid the natural oil, etc. on my hands.





My boyfriend changes his pillow case daily. We both also use separate towels just for our faces.





And of course - SPF!





Know that your skin will change every 10-15 years. See a dermatologist if you start noticing problems that didn%26#039;t use to exist.





Good luck! I know it%26#039;s frustrating (I have sensitive, combination skin with mild adult acne)!|||i%26#039;ve actually used Clean %26amp; Clear, and it had helped be a little bit.


What i actually did, was leave it alone, yes, people would tease me, but, whatevr.


Just leave your face alone, I left my face alone, and it had healed itself...


trust me.....|||try lemon juice //|||Check out something called Murad!! I used proactiv and it was actually too harsh for my face. Try Murad....it smells really good and works well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment