Saturday, December 26, 2009

I am in my late 20's and all of a sudden got REALLY bad acne. What happened?

I haven%26#039;t had it this badly since I was in Jr. High. It started around Thanksgiving and NOTHING seems to get rid of it. What could be causing this? I%26#039;m in a professional career where I work face to face with clients on a daily basis and really can%26#039;t have my face looking like a pepperoni pizza.





Nothing topical is getting rid of it. Any suggestions? Note: I was ON Proactiv when this started so I already know that won%26#039;t work. Thanks!|||hot rags everynight|||FACTS


======





Common causes of acne





Here are the most common causes of acne:





鈥?Hormones: The number one cause of acne is the production of sex hormones, known as androgen, that begins at puberty. This is why majority of acne sufferers are adolescents and teens. Hormones are responsible for then acne flare-ups during menstruation and pregnancy.





鈥?When the sebaceous gland is stimulated by androgens, it produces extra sebum. In its journey up the follicle toward the surface, the sebum mixes with common skin bacteria and dead skin cells that have been shed from the lining of the follicle. While this process is normal, the presence of extra sebum in the follicle increases the chances of clogging 鈥?and acne.





鈥?Stress: can also cause the production of hormones, such as cortisol, which can aggravate acne. Stress brings upon different hormone levels. With hormone changes the body prompts the skins oil glands to enlarge, secreting more oil. Which causes white heads, black heads and pimples.





鈥?Oily or heavy make up: Heavy make-up clogs the pores and oily make-ups add more oil, which only adds to the problem if oily skin already exists. Cosmetics, especially certain moisturizers, foundations and pomades contain lanolin, petrolatum, vegetable oils, butyl stearate, lauryl alcohol and oleic acid.





鈥?Certain medications and steroids: Vitamins are good for your body, But an excess of vitamins B1, B6 and B12 can cause acne flare-ups. These vitamins are good for the skin, but avoid overuse.





鈥?Diets: For some people, a diet that is high in refined carbohydrates and sugars can actually aggravate their acne.





鈥?Over abrasive cleansing: Harsh exfoliators can damage skin and spread infections.





鈥?Picking and squeezing: This can actually send the infection deeper into the skin and can cause scarring.





鈥?Environmental irritants: such as high humidity and pollution. High humidity actually causes swelling of skin. Pollution is of course is a big cause for clogging your pores.





鈥?Genes: Family members who are also acne sufferers. Acne is inherited and severe cases known as cystic acne usually come from heredity.








P.S. I also know someone who used to suffer from severe acne for 14 YEARS and finally got rid of it completely. She%26#039;s sharing her story at her site:





http://20six.co.uk/my-acne-solution





Maybe you could learn from her inspirational story


.|||stop stressing. smoke a lil weed to calm you down and sort things out if you must. my boyfriend only gets acne when he stresses, and he breaks out. hes about to be 20, and what clears it up is when he smokes and de-stresses himself.





if youre against weed (i wouldnt get why........) then use a stress ball, have more sex, or find another way you would like to de-stress.|||im not a doctor but people get acne at different ages. I know a girl that got acne really bead in like the 4th Grade.|||I know I am 27 and I have the same problem!! I went to the doctor about it and she switched my birth control and it has gotten better!|||I got it in my late 20%26#039;s also. It%26#039;s called adult onset cystic acne. I use proactiv now. You have to stop using makeup till it clears up. Then you need to use non-comodegenic cosmetics. You need to spend a little money on them. Don%26#039;t get the cheap cover girl and wet and wild crap! This is terrible for your skin. Stay with the proactiv. It will work!!





DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!|||Ugh, I%26#039;m sorry! I KNOW how it is-- I%26#039;ve been there many times in my adult life. Are you under a lot of stress lately? That can cause breakouts. My skin always goes a bit cuckoo with each changing season-- especially going from fall to winter, since winter brings such cold, dry air. I really, really suggest you make an appointment with a doctor. I%26#039;d tried EVERYTHING (Murad, Peter Thomas Roth, Proactiv, even drugstore stuff) and NOTHING was helping my skin. I saw my doctor, and she prescribed some oral antibiotics (Erythrocin, or something like that) as well as a topical cream (Cleocin/Clindamycin) and I swear to you, they really did work. I%26#039;ve had a pimple or two in the last six months, but other than that-- I%26#039;m clear as can be. Save yourself the money, and see your doctor as soon as you can. Good luck!





EDIT: WOW. So far %26#039;nothing really helpful%26#039;?? Gee, thanks a LOT. What are you looking for-- a magic cure?! Remind me never to offer you any more of my apparently useless advice.|||Acne or pimples are usually a result of hormonal changes and an irregular and increased production of oil by the sebaceous glands. Check out http://useinfo-acne.blogspot.com/ for more useful info|||I belive its probably something about ur diet. u probably developed some sort of allergy. I would suggest just pay close attention to what u eat and try to narrow down the possible culprit. Cant believe proactive didnt work that stuff worked miracles on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment