Monday, April 26, 2010

Has anyone had bad experiences with Birth Control Pills and acne?

when I first started birth control I took the kind that Planned Parenthood gives out as a %26quot;first timer%26quot;.. Ortho Tri-Cyclen. That did not work for me. It made my acne worse, gained weight, and there was something else I can%26#039;t recall.


Then I changed pills to Desogen, which is awesome! I have been on that for about two years, give or take, and the only time I break out a bit, is during my period week, and even then it%26#039;s only a pimple or two. I may have had a bit of weight gain, but not much.


I would just talk to your doctor, they know best, and are very helpful and understanding about the whole process.


You may also want to try getting a different facial cleanser, that also helps, but then again the one that works is usually not your first try.


Good luck.|||Yes, made me break out, I tried seven different types of pill, none worked for me, also had weight gain and mood swings.|||Birth control is supposed to help clear up acne.|||Birth control screws up your hormones.





Acne can certainly be a symptom of that, along with about 50 other symptoms of hormonal imbalance.|||Yes, birth control is synthetic estrogen, fooling your body into thinking you are pregnant so you will not drop an egg and no fertilization can take place.


Increased estrogen, just like a teenager, causes increased acne, but not in all women.


You may want to consider an alternative to birth control if you can. If not, you make talk to your OB-GYN about topical antibiotics or oral antibiotics. Some women just have more acne due to the microbes on the skin.


Good luck, dealing with acne most of your life is not fun.|||YES YES YES Seasonal was the worst.... I looked like I just hit puberty

No comments:

Post a Comment