Monday, April 26, 2010

Does birth control make acne worse and then better?

i%26#039;m on my 2nd week of microgestin 1 20 fe (the generic verison of Loesterin 1 20 fe) ...i woke up today with a cluster of acne on a part of my face where i%26#039;ve never had acne before! I%26#039;ve always had some acne on my nose, forehead, and chin, but NEVER on my cheeks! i%26#039;m scared it%26#039;s going to keep getting worse, but maybe is it just going to get a little worse and then clear up?|||it makes it worse then better for most ppl|||Yes, you%26#039;re going to have acne the first few days. Your hormones are adjusting. This happened to me, and now my skin is clear.


Try keeping it down by washing your face every night


Good luck! :)|||It makes it better. Testosterone is what creates more acne. As a woman, you want more Estrogen, which provides clear healthy skin. Birth control increases your amount of Estrogen, thereby making your skin clearer.|||Yes. I had a friend who took it last year, and she had perfect skin, like perfect. And she went on it and she started breaking out. But after that, I think you will be fine. All my friends who are on birth control have perfect skin now. Good luck!|||The hormones in the pill effect women differently.


There is no way to tell what will happen with your acne.


It could get better or get worse or stay the same.|||when i was on loesterin 24 i broke out everywhere, and so did one of my friends when she was on it. There are brands of birth control that are better for acne like YAZ or Ortho tri cyclen lo, try those out instead if you don%26#039;t get better within a month. Check out this website, it helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment