Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bad pimples/acne problem for a couple years, help!?

i%26#039;m a 14 year old girl who has kind of oily skin. i have pimples really bad on my forehead and near my eyebrows and now its starting to develop on my nose as well! also, it%26#039;s starting at my upper chest, near my neck, and my upper back as well.





i%26#039;ve used clean and clear face washes and pimple prevention products, clearasil products, regular soap and water, and astringents as well, but none of them work! i%26#039;m thinking of odering proactiv but im not sure if that is just one of those %26quot;as seen on tv%26quot; crappy products, hence, afraid to waste my money and time on something that wont work for me.





i would like opinions on proactiv and any other suggestions on great products that you have used for your pimple/blackheads. please help me, i feel so ugly with these huge eye attracting annoying things.





thank you.|||I took my son to a dermatologist for his acne. He was diagnosed with pustular cystic acne, a serious skin condition. Very simply, his skin was prone to become infected with bacteria, causing the acne. Topical washes or solutions will not remedy this, and can actually make it worse. He was put on long-term oral antibiotics, and that did the trick. He very rarely gets breakouts, and they are usually mild. Good Luck!|||clearasil and similar products are simply a waste of money. proactive works well for most people with sever acne that gets progressively worse, so i would suggest using that. i don%26#039;t really like using really hardcore stuff and instead suggest to make sure to wash your face with warm water twice a day and even use sea salt scrub (comes in a jar particularly for exfoliating your skin) to help minimize the oil and to smooth out the surface. Good luck!|||sometimes using products makes it worser,


trust me go to the doctors they%26#039;ll prescribe you to some medications so to stop sebum (oily glands) from producing excessive oil that cause spots.if it continues they might refer you to a dermatologist, your acne seems severe.





good luck :)|||I had the same problem, really.


I got proactive and it didn%26#039;t work for me.





Now, something that works really well for me is Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser





Just make sure to wash your face in the morning, and at night, and never fall asleep with makeup on.|||Proactive did not work at all for me and I used it for months. your best bet is to have your pediatrician recomend you a dermatologist. That%26#039;s what I did, and the dermatologist put me on Duac and Differin (creams) and my face has improved immensly.|||Acene Free or sumthing like that i have to use it and it works GREAT its like proactive it has the 3 step process but i love it and my pimple are GONE!|||Try Neutrogina oil free acne wash and also go see a dermatoligist and ask for Epido!|||I%26#039;m in the same boat, dude. I%26#039;ve had bad acne for years. I%26#039;ve used


virtually every product on the planet, neutrogina, clearasil, clean and


clear, every other possible over the counter, and tons of


prescription too, zoderm, ziana, etc, and pills.. None of it worked. Just


stay away from certain harsh acids, and .as for proactiv, i tried that


and acnefree, and they were both just time consuming and


expensive. The key is washing your face often, and bathing a lot.


Twice a day, morning and nice, just shower. Baths dry out your skin,


which may be good for someone with acne, but make sure it%26#039;s not


too dry. You might want to try benzoyl perozide for your back and


shoulders and chest. But i think it%26#039;s prescription, mine was. It


works alright, and you can use it in the shower, but make sure you


get generic or it%26#039;ll be like 80$ for a tube. But basically wash a lot.


For redness, make sure you wash your face with cool water, and


not hot water. Good luck girl =]


p.s. As for all the above products, I%26#039;ve used the all.


Epiduo wasn%26#039;t horrible, but proactiv dried out my skin too


much. Maybe try something organic that isn%26#039;t such a


popular advertised product.

No comments:

Post a Comment