Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bad Baby Acne... help!!?

My 7 week old daughter started with the baby acne last weekend and thought it was from everyone touching her since many family membershad not seen her,and I freaked out and took her to her dr, but he told me it is baby acne but it has since gotten really bad like dry patches on her face and ears! It looks really bad and its starting to flake off but it kinda looks like dry milk on her cheeks and ears... any suggestions???|||The baby acne will go away on it%26#039;s own. Do not use any soaps on her face. You can try taking a warm wash cloth and wiping her face gently every night. When my daughter was that young and had dry spots on her face, my doctor said that it was okay to use a little Johnson and Johnson pure natural lotion (it has no dyes or perfumes in it). I did, and it worked like a charm! You can also try Aquaphor for the dry spots. Just watch out for her eyes!





Good luck :o)|||Hey, I think your baby has cradle cap, my daughter had it and it forms not only on the scalp, but on the face, ears, and eyebrows...it looks exactly like little scales or dried milk...it can sometimes even spread to the back or chest...google %26quot;where does cradle cap form?%26quot; I%26#039;m more than positive its that, along with baby acne...my baby is 10 weeks old,.is past the baby acne stage, but at her 2 month check up, my doctor said she had a little cradle cap on the tip of her forehead...there isn%26#039;t much you can do, rub vaseline or aveeno lotion, let it sit for a little bit then brush scales up and down, not in circles and the scales will come off, people will tell you that it goes away on its own..but unlike baby acne, you need to help it a little and remove the dead scales so new skin can grow, do the lotion and toothbrush thing, then give a bath so the skin doesn%26#039;t stay gunky..once you remove the dead skin, skin will b red and shiny...it may look sore, but its just new skin...does not hurt the baby...sorry so long and detailed, but wanted you to be treating the real problem ...Cradle Cap|||don%26#039;t worry hun i thought the exact same thing when my daughter got baby acne. she was 2 weeks old and it only lasted for 2 weeks. her pediatrician told me to put vaseline on her face twice a day in all the areas that had the acne, i did it just lightly and it worked like a charm. another thing is when you wash her don%26#039;t use any soaps on her face and always try to touch her with clean hands. hope that helps and don%26#039;t worry it will pass soon:)|||it%26#039;s usually from your hormones. leave her alone -don%26#039;t pick at her face. follow up with the pediatrician.|||First, I understand where you%26#039;re coming from. I grew up with really bad acne, not only on my face but on my body as well. It was embarrassing and I tried everything including cleansers, creams, prescription medications, antibiotics, over the counter medications, and even shots from the dermatologist (ouch!) to get rid of it. I never did until many years later when it didn%26#039;t matter as much.





http://theacnenomore.blogspot.com/





Here%26#039;s what I found out after lots of research and trial and error, the hard way.





It%26#039;s not a topical issue, it doesn%26#039;t help much to treat it from the outside, it%26#039;s an inside job. When you treat it from the outside it%26#039;s like treating the symptoms, not the cause. You%26#039;ll hear from many people that%26#039;s not the case, and it%26#039;s usually because they want you to buy their creams or lotions, and keep buying them month after month after month (or they haven%26#039;t experienced the truth). Of course, when you stop using it (as you%26#039;ve experienced) your blemishes come back... because you%26#039;re not treating the cause. And the costs for all of these routines/drugs add up month after month.





If you think about it logically, it makes sense. Why do we get rashes, breakouts, or other skin irritations? It%26#039;s usually because of something we ate, something that wasn%26#039;t meant to be put on our skin, something that caused us stress and our body reacts to all those things.





Bottom line is that most every cause of acne is related to what you eat, how you feel and how you take care of yourself. Your skin is a reflection of what%26#039;s on the inside. We have lots of toxins building up in our systems and they have to be cleaned out on the inside and that will reflect on the outside. The blemishes, rashes, acne, etc are indications that your body is reacting to what you%26#039;re eating, to stress, toxins, chemicals, hormones... literally a great number of things.





Basically what I did in a nutshell was clean out my system by taking out the processed and junk foods, and added as much fresh fruits and vegetables to my diet as possible. This part is key. I also started drinking a lot of water daily, starting with 3 or 4 glasses when I wake up (adding a squeeze of fresh lemon at times). I also got more active every day, walking, running, sports, jumping, whatever, just getting active. It not only gave me more energy, it help flush out the toxins that were clogging up my system.





Did you know 90% of acne is caused by 3 major factors? Find out exactly what


they are and how easily it is to solve them here http://theacnenomore.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment